Our R&D team specializes in custom embedded systems for home automation and connectivity.
All aspects of development are carried out in-house, from initial specifications and project management to testing and validation of the finished product.
Our engineers are experienced in both software and hardware design, with special emphasis on low level drivers, open source platforms and tools, and Internet connectivity.
Ikatu has developed several embedded systems (microprocessor controlled hardware) to solve integration requirements in a cost-effective way.
Some products include:
- Ikatu.PAL: A high end analog transcoder from PAL-B to PAL-N for viewing PAL DVD material.
- Ikatu.Shade: Multi zone shade control with ethernet connectivity.
- Ikatu.Line: Power conditioner and protection for A/V equipment.
- Ikatu.Link: Ethernet VPN router for remote support of installations.
- IMX: Home theater automation interface.
- Masterlink Gateway MK1: RS232 home automation interface to Beolink products for the US market.
- Masterlink Gateway MK2: Ethernet and RS232 home automation interface to Beolink products. Global product.
- BeoLink App: pervasive access to A/V and home automation using iPhone and iPod Touch.
After an official audit done in 2007, Bang & Olufsen has chosen Ikatu as a competence partner for new technologies within home automation due to it’s expertise in home integration, embedded systems design, engineering and software development.